According to sba.gov, there are 30.2 million small businesses in the United States, most with between 1-5 employees. Small businesses are a leading driver of our economy.
Owning a small business can mean working 24/7 to keep up with your business and your brand. Often, it means concentrating so hard on the day-to-day that there isn’t time for anything else, including social media. But social media can be a game changer for many businesses.
Social media allows a small business to connect and communicate with current and potential customers—setting the tone for the business and demonstrating what it values, and its purpose.
An active social media account allows you to do many things, including:
- Earn repeat business by actively engaging customers.
- Gain new customers by making your business easy to find, and clearly demonstrating your services and/or products.
- Encourage business by sharing information about products, services, and promotions.
- Stay in the forefront of your customers’ minds by appearing in their feeds.
- Build confidence in your business, products, and services by demonstrating customer satisfaction and brand integrity.
- Resolve issues, and demonstrate how much you value your customers by responding to posted reviews (positive, negative, and neutral).
Did you know that:
- Social media profiles rank in search engines, and people often use social media as a search engine for businesses.
- According to Facebook there were over 1.49 BILLION daily active users on their platform and 2.27 BILLION monthly active users in September 2018 alone.
- A 2016 survey done by pewinternet.org found that 68% of all US adults use Facebook, and 28% of US adults use Instagram. Additionally, Instagram attracts a younger demographic, with 59% of its users in the 18-29 year age range and 33% in the 30-49 year old age range.
- Marketingdive.com found that more than 80% of Gen Z and 74% of Millennials report that social media influences their shopping habits.
- Peopleclaim.com found that:
- Behind search, ratings and reviews are the second most important site feature.
- 70% consult reviews or ratings before purchasing.
- 63% are more likely to purchase from a site if it has reviews.
Social media, without a doubt, can help grow your business. But if you feel like you can’t add one more item to your plate—don’t worry, we can help. Canary Office can work with you to build, maintain, or grow your social media presence. All without taking a lot of your time (or budget!). Contact us today to find out how—877-222-6279, email@example.com, or www.canaryoffice.com.