As a small business, you are working with little time and a limited budget. It is all about prioritizing. So, is it worth spending time writing a blog? YES!
What is a blog exactly? It is a short piece of content (usually written informally) that can be posted on your website.
What are some of the major benefits of blogging?:
- Direct communication with your customers (and potential customers)
- This is a tremendous opportunity to show your customers what your business is all about—your products/services and what you care about.
- The comments section allows for you to direct interaction and conversation with your customers.
- Demonstrates that you are a knowledgeable source of information
- It allows you to position yourself as an expert in your field. Why? Because you are!
- Allows your customers/potential customers to gain confidence in your knowledge and skills, and feel confident buying from you.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Each time you post a blog on your website, you create another new page of content. This content tells search engines that your website is active and relevant, which increases its position in searches.
- Additionally, key words are pulled out of your blogs, and are searchable—allowing people to find your blogs and website organically, without knowing about you or your business.
- Content and visibility!
- Every time you blog, you create content which can be used throughout your social media profile(s)—generating new posts, and linking back to your blogs, which in turn links back to your website.
Just like with social media, when it comes to a blog, you determine the frequency of posting. Whether its daily, once a week, bi-weekly, or even monthly, blogs only help your business. And topics? Focus on what your business is all about. We will offer some additional ideas, by industry, in an upcoming blog.
One of the best parts about blogs is that they live on your website—which means that people can find them weeks, months, and even years after you post. It is content that keeps generating positive results.
Why not give blogging a try? And if you don’t have the time or the desire to blog yourself, we can help. Canary Office, LLC offers blogging services. Contact us anytime to learn more, firstname.lastname@example.org or 872-222-6279.